Abel Tasman with Vida and co.

Abel Tasman National park, 2nd feb - 11th feb

Yeah! Familiar faces! My good friends (and neighbours) Vida and Kasper have come over to see Vida's family. They invited me to spend some of their holiday with them at the family bach (summer house) and go on a three day tramp to Abel Tasman National Park. Great fun - and proper holidays!


A family tradition - minigolf in Picton.



Now this is summer!

An outing to Howard's Hole - a collapsed cave system.



The Hole - which I almost dropped my glasses into! Upps!

Able Tasman... you just can't beat those golden beaches!

Of course, the trip included a tour of some of the more spectacular achitecture in the area... Lucky for us, Fiona has the right contacts!




4 happy architects! ( Well, ok - 3 and one landscape architect!)


The two kayaks were great fun, and gave us all a break from tramping...


Sunrise..... a peacefull moment before the sandflies and cicadas start their day. Just consider yourseves lucky I restricted myself to only 3 pics!













A last meal before heading out of the park...




After a hard time of good eating, wine, sunbathing, reading and swimming, the others have left, and I have decided to stay on for a bit and earn a bit of money so that I can continue my tour up towards the North Island. David, the regular tenant at the bach at Stevens bay, has agreed to let me stay on, and I have got a job at a nusery, pruning vines. The only catch is that the job is 15 km away, and I don't have any other means of transport than a bike..... Oh well, if I don't get fit after this, I never will! This last picture by the way, is my very own swimming pool, just 100 meters from the back door.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wahou!!! petite chanceuse!!! quel soleil, tu me fais baver d'envie!!!
des bises à tous!

bumlebi said...

Hej Lucy

Endnu en gang tak for lykønskningen. Har fulgt en del med i din blog - og også været ret misundelig en gang imellem, og dejlige billeder forresten :), men det er lidt tid siden du har skrevet?

KH Bolette