Moeraki

15th jan.

In this edition - a special feature on - rocks! Moeraki is a sleepy little fishing town on the east coast of the south island that is famous for two things; the perfectly round boulders that lie along the beach and are somewhat of a geological phenomenon, and Fleur Sullivans cooking. As the are only few buses out there, I ended up having a whole day to enjoy both. This little place will always remain a very special, magical memory, and I hope my pictures will give you a taste of some of my impressions. Fleur's Place is one of the most famous restaurants in New Zealand, and the fish get loaded straight off the boat at the back door, where the fisherman fillets them in front of eager looking children and seagulls, then go through the kitchen and back out to your table - cooked simply but perfect. I had a hotpot - filled with fish, shellfish, shrimps and potatoes, but I was so hungry I ate it all up before thinking of taking a picture - so you will just have to believe me when I say it both looked and tasted fabulous.



































No comments: