Queenstown, Wanaka

23rd-26th jan

The area around Queenstown and Wanaka is one of New Zealands main tourist attractions. I set out to find out why. Only one small problem - the only form of activity that I could afford was walking.... And as spectacular as the scenery is, the main attraction in those parts are adrenalin pumping adventure sports like bungy jumping and skydiving. So for that reason I did't stay long in tourist infested Queenstown, but I did quite enjoy my walks along the lakes and rivers of Wanaka. I decided though that it was about time to stop taking long walks by myself for a while, worrying about how to make 3 items from the supermarket last both breakfast, lunch and dinner for two days - so I booked a bus back east, close to where I had started my tour of the South Island for a spot of wwoofing (Willing Workers on Organic Farms) in Oamaru.....













2 comments:

Sabrina et Matthieu Picot said...

¡Hola Lucy!
Nous suivons regulierement tes aventures tripantes et la pour le mois de fevrier, on est bien servi. On a hate de voir tes experiences de wwoofeuse car on est nous aussi volontaires en ce moment dans une ferme bio intensive en Argentine. On ne produit que des legumes, a en devenir herbivore.
On te souhaite "buen suerte y disfrutas bien".
1000 besos de Mateo y Sabrina

Unknown said...

coucou
je dois prendre un peu de temps pour lire tout ça and catch up mais j'ai l'impression que tu ne t'embêtes pas ; )
plein de bisous