New York

Sep 16th - Sep 19th

Not very much time to visit New York - I could have spent so much time here, there is so much to do. But spending my few days wandering up and down the streets, and taking a boat ride around the island of Manhatten, I got a fair idea of the town. It´s rather huge and overwhelming, I must admit. So busy! Everyone is always saying how New York seems so familiar, because one has seen it so many times in all the movies - and yes I guess there is some of that.... In general I found it was more in listening to americain people on the street that I felt that moment of recognition - snatches of dialoge, phrases that I was sure were made up expressively for Americain movies, but no, they actually say those things!

In New York, I managed to meet up with a friend, Laura from New Zealand, because her mum had seen on our facebook profiles that we were in NY at the same time. What a coincidence! Thanks Judy! We went on a 3 hour cruise together, and spent the time catching up. See you for New Year, Laura!


Hippos at Central Park




Fire escapes in Little Italy











2 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

Looks like you went to all the great spots.

I like the Little Italy fire escapes best. Just something so romantic about those buildings..

Anonymous said...

Lovely that you guys got to catch up! Watch out now Mum is on the loose on facebook!!
Hope all going well
xxx